Week of November 19th – December 2, 2010
Appears courtesy of Janice at Fitness Cheerleader.
This is first post in the new Fitblogger weekly feature in which I will report all of the great fitbloggers who are racing this week – The Fitblogger Community Race Calendar.
It seems this is a very busy race week here in Fitblogger land: SIX of our community members raced this past weekend, and many more who will be earning their turkey by racing on Thanksgiving Day.
On Saturday, Tanya (aka @iateapie) from Girlxoxo brought home some awesome race swag for finishing 2nd in her age group in the Thomas Bull Memorial Park 10K Race. Tanya’s butt kicking finishing time was an impressive 1:02:24! Can I say wow?!!
Then on Sunday we had FIVE more members race:
- Both Jamie (aka @FoodinRL) from Food In Real Life and Marisa (aka @Loser_For_Life) from Loser For Life ran the Philidelphia Half-Marathon (this was both of their FIRST half-marathons, might I add). Jamie finished with a time of: 2:12:58. (Marisa can you hit us up in the comments and let us know your finishing time?)
- Gym Belle (aka @GymPressions) of GymPressions also ran the Philidelphia Half-Marathon and set a NEW PR! Her finishing time was a half-mary butt-kicking time of 1:57:36!!!
- Jill (aka @JillSnackSpot) from Jill Snack Spot ran the Race to Deliver 4miles – this was race number 8 of the 9 she needs to do in order to secure her spot in the 2011 New York City Marathon! Jill finished her 4 miler in a speedy 38 minutes!!
- And Renee (aka @lowfatpie) from Low Fat Pie finished the Zevenheuvelenloop (Seven Hills Run) Nijmegen 15K (in the Netherlands) with an astonishing 1:39:26!
Please take a moment and congratulate all of our friends who raced this weekend! I’m so inspired by them!
In addition to those who ran this past weekend, we also have another ELEVEN members earning their turkey by racing on Thanksgiving day! They are:
- Caroline (aka @carolinecalcote) of My Fascinating Life, is running the St. Pete Times Turkey Trot – this is her first 5K after completing the C25K program!
- Cynthia (aka @itallchanges) of It All Changes. is running the Adams Turkey Trot
- Jennifer (aka @knack4nutrition) of Knack for Nutrition, is running the 20th Annual PNC YMCA Turkey Trot 5k
- Di (aka @treadmilldiary) of The Treadmill Diaries, is running the Feaster Five Thanksgiving Day 5k
- Greta (aka @MiddleAgedJock) of Middle Aged Jock, is running the Stratford Ninth Annual Turkey Trot 5k
- Katie (aka @kateskis) of Live for The Long Run, Turkey Trot 2010
- Jess (aka @jsutera654) of Eat, Drink, Breathe, Sweat, is running the Wild Turkey Run
- Kali (aka @finishingfirsts) of Finishing Firsts, is running the Cleveland Turkey Trot
- Carrie (aka @CarrieSinCA) of Family, Fitness, Food, is running the Turkey Trot
- Paula (aka @paulybeariver) of A Gordita Trying to Get Fit is running the Long Beach 5K Turkey Trot (I would give my right arm to be running in Long Beach!)
- Rebecca (aka @rebeccamuba) of Thru Thin and Thick is running the Detroit Turkey Trot 5K. This is her first race after a long hiatus, and she hopes to set a new PR!
Then on Saturday, Katie (aka @katieheddleston) of Healthy Heddleston is running a 2 miler called the Hollidaysburg Turkey Trot side-by-side with her husband! (That’s so cool – my hubby will not run with me at all).
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO RAN LAST WEEKEND, AND GOOD LUCK TO THOSE RUNNING TOMORROW AND THIS COMING WEEKEND!
May the wind be at your back and your energy drink be cool and sweet.
If you would like me to report your race, then please submit your race with the form from the “Who’s Racing This Week?” post.
Janice blogs about health, fitness & motivation at Fitness Cheerleader