Appears courtesy of Phly Fit Mama.
Alright, lets be honest. How many of us “cheat” just a little, on weekends? Maybe more than a little?
To err is human, to forgive is divine. — Alexander Pope.
If you are feelin’ that Monday slump…regretting one too many sugary cocktails and the hashbrowns, fries or **insert guilty pleasure food choice here** that seemed like such a good idea at the time,…its OK baby. This fit mama has got some sure-fire ways to get you back to feeling fabulous in time for your Labor Day weekend plans! Skimpy two-piece? No sweat! Well, maybe some sweat will be required, but you’ll thank me when its over.
START HERE: Move on. What’s done is done. Make a plan for the week, set realistic, doable yet strict goals and begin NOW.
1. Do yourself a favor. If you haven’t scarfed down breakfast as of yet, why not replace your bagel, breakfast sandwich or oatmeal with a protein-packed smoothie? My combo is to-die-for — Arbonne chocolate protein shake mix (ask me, I can get this for you at a great discount) with a huge scoop of all natural, organic peanut butter or almond butter. Add water and ice. Serve. Yummmm. Best protein mix I’ve ever had the pleasure of consuming. Smooth texture, amazing flavor, with or without adding nut butter..and easy on the belly! All vegan protein. This is a great way to start your day and week off on a healthy note, without sacrificing taste!
2. Plan out your week of workouts. By now, you probably have your week at least partially filled in. STOP. Before you plan anything else, MAKE TIME for your workouts. No excuses. ASK for time. Taking care of you = taking care of everyone else. Be your best. That means…..be healthy and work it out! Tell your husband or partner or family member (if not currently attached), I need time each week for ME. This week, I’d like to take a class on Monday and Friday nights and carve out 30 minutes after dinner or before bed, to workout. If you plan it out now, chances are you will have more success in fitting it in.
3. Pick your flavor. You have a week until the holiday weekend, well…less than that, baby. What would make you feel best by week’s end? A flatter tummy? A clean diet that leaves you feeling less bloated and more confident? Some good sweaty workouts to flush out some of the weekend’s mis-steps? When you set it in your mind and have specific goals, you are half way there. Don’t just say “you know…I probably should work out this week…”. Ain’t gonna cut it. I know that each week, I have a class on Mon/Wed/Fri evenings. My husband knows it and supports it. I have more time with Mason during the daytimes, so when I head out for class in the evenings, it is his catch-up and bonding time with Mason. It works out great for us. You are NOT being selfish by taking time for YOU! In fact, your relationships will be happier. Bet on it.
4. Cut out the crap, along with the excuses. This fit mama is not going to sugar-coat the facts. If you want to feel and look better, you gotta do something different than you are doing now. Sit back and ponder this: what can you pass up this week, that will leave you feeling healthier? Lighter? More confident? You KNOW what to eat. You know what NOT to eat. Make the choice. Instant gratification is for sissies. Am I right? Well, let’s just say that consequences tend to be more painful than a moment of pure food bliss. Start simple. Take out processed snacks, bulky breads, sweets. Leave in and add more veggies, fish/chicken/lean protein. ENJOY it. Do you like eggs? Make a healthy omelette. Salads aren’t your thing? Why not?? Make it something you love and crave! There are tons of ingredients out there to fit any of the pickiest eaters. My list goes on. Don’t tell yourself you don’t “do” healthy or you hate the taste of good-for-you-foods. I don’t buy it. There are more than enough choices out there that tickle the taste buds. Try new stuff. Experiment until you discover the foods you love, that will love you back.
5. Take ‘er easy on salt and alcohol this week. Drink lots of water. Keep a piece of fruit on hand for emergencies so you don’t go slinking off to the vending machine (I’m watching you!) and own that attitude. I’m telling you this: if you FEEL better and believe in the “whats and whys” of your mission – you WILL succeed. Live your best FIT life!