The pursuit of optimal health dates back thousands of years. Low carb diets were a fad long before Dr. Atkins wrote his first book, Jack Lalane lifted his first weight and Jane Fonda slid on her first pair of legwarmers. Despite its long history, the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle has become more of a mystery to the masses, making gains in complexity with each passing year. Disease prevention, healthy weight management and total wellness have evolved into a lifelong struggle for the global population.
This struggle hinges on far more than a surplus of sugary sodas and fast food. Today, there are millions of websites, books, magazines and experts offering advice and “one-size-fits-all” plans for the world’s wellness woes. With so many options, many people grapple with even beginning their health journey and even more falter with staying the course. This overload of information can make healthy living seem very complicated. But, living a healthy lifestyle isn’t complicated, it’s just very personal.
That’s why you need to be able to discern fact from fiction and find a healthy lifestyle plan that works for you. You need the right answers to all your questions.
Which is a better diet – low carb or low fat? . . .
Will music boost workout performance? . .
What’s the best detox?. . .
Is it better to workout in the morning?. .
Should I be gluten-free? . . .
HAUTEbyDaniCee strives to take the guesswork out of healthy living – helping you discern fact from fiction when it comes to achieving a healthier you. As a health and medical content writer with nearly ten years of experience in nutrition and fitness, I want to give you the facts to build your perfect healthy lifestyle plan.
The perfect plan is not the same for everyone – it’s as unique as you are and all the plans you have for your life. HAUTEbyDaniCee takes the focus off the fads and approaches the pillars of healthy living as a series of habits you choose to fit your individual needs (and a few tips to keep you motivated and excited!)
- Fitness. Everyone needs a little cardio and resistance training as part of their routine. You choose the activities (make sure it’s fun!) and learn how to enhance your performance, prevent injury and boost your calorie burn with simple tips. Find facts on why core strength is so important and how you can take your workouts to the next level.
- Nutrition. “Food can be the most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” Everything you put in your body impacts your health. The right foods are truly functional – and how you prepare them matters too. Discover the most effective diets, the best supplements for you and even which foods prevent (or cause) disease. You can become a nutritional savant.
- Stress management. The secret to a long and healthy life does not rest solely on eating right and exercise. You have to find your happy place. Stress contributes to disease, weight gain and an overall lower quality of life for many people. Understanding and reducing the impact of stress is crucial to your health. Learn stress management techniques and discover effective ways to relax.
- Sleep. You may have a short wait if you plan on saving sleep for your death. At least four conclusive research studies published in 2012 found that skipping sleep and failing to get quality sleep increased your risk of type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease, as well as increases cravings for junk foods and contributes to a higher overall body mass index. Find out how sleeping keeps you slim and healthy.
- Fun. Fashion. Experience. It is not all work and no play around here! Peppered amidst the research studies are my life lessons, a few fitness challenges and tips for the fitness fashionista.
HAUTEbyDaniCee is designed to ensure you achieve healthy living and become the “hautest” version of you as it fits your busy lifestyle. (Literally translated, haute [pronounced “hot”] means fashionable or high-class. I like to think of “haute” as being your very best.)
Discover what it means to be HAUTE! Visit HAUTEbyDaniCee at www.danicee.com or on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.