Appears courtesy of Hungry Healthy Happy.
A healthy chocolate dessert? Surely a thing doesn’t exist? Isn’t it full of cream and other things that I should have much of? Well, there is no cream in this chocolate pudding. Although it does have a high calorie ingredient in it, it is a healthy one and one that should definitely be part of your diet.
If like me, you often crave chocolate and just want a giant chocolate pudding or some chocolate ice cream, then this dessert is going to hit the spot.
The “secret” ingredient is avocado. AVOCADO??? IN DESSERT??? Trust me on this. You REALLY can’t taste it, but it gives the dessert an amazing creamy texture without all the fat you should avoid that is in cream. Still don’t believe me? Just give it a go. You don’t have much to lose and if you love it, which you will, you have gained a healthy chocolate dessert that is quick and easy to make.
Healthy Chocolate Dessert
By September 7, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
Appears courtesy of Hungry Healthy Happy. A healthy chocolate dessert? Surely a thing doesn’t exist? Isn’t it full of cream …
- 2 frozen bananasa chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, frozen
- 4 dates pitted
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (cow's milk would work too)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp coco powder
- cocnut, raspberries, shaved chocolate & ground cinnamon for garnish
- 8 ice cubes
- Put into the blender the almond milk, avocado, banana, dates, vanilla and cocoa powder and blend until smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Pour into dessert glasses and top with chocolate, coconut, raspberries and cinnamon if using.