Courtesy of Lindsay of Cotter Crunch
So with the little I had leftover, I decided to try it in another recipe. Remember those Raw Brownies? Well this time I decided to go BLOND! Besides, blonde’s have more fun, right? hehe.
- 8 large organic turkish figs (light colored)
- 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 heaping tablespoons of tropical traditions Coconut Peanutbutter
- 2 to 3 tbsp Honey Flavored Agave Nectar or regular Honey
- 1 scoop Vanilla Sunwarrior raw protein powder (you can also substitute regular vanilla whey)
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of stevia (optional)
TOPPING (optional and not raw)- Crushed gluten free arrowroot animal cookies. The BEST ever!
- place figs and seeds in food processor
- slowly add in protein powder
- then add the agave nectar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, stevia, and coconut peanutbutter.
- continue to blend on low until you get a thick batter
- place in a small baking pan and press to the edges
- crush cookies and sprinkle on top!
- let this refrigerate for 20 minutes or so before cutting.
Makes around 10-12 blondies.
If you are interested in the Nutrition Stats, they are pretty good as well.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 103 Total Fat: 6.1 g Total Carbs: 9.7 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Protein: 4 g
Its good stuff, especially with yogurt on top! I think next time I’ll add in white chocolate chips but these still have that nutty sweet flavor and not overly sweet either.